Hi! I’m Katie Mag and I am beyond thrilled that you’ve stumbled upon my little piece of the internet! Writing this blog has been a dream of mine for many years and finally seeing it come to life has been quite the exciting adventure (especially considering my serious lack of “web design” knowledge. Ohhh, how I’ve stumbled through that. BLESS YOU, YOUTUBE TUTORIALS.). I spent what seemed like ages thinking about the perfect name, the perfect look, the perfect everything…and then realized, I simply wanted a place on the internet where I could candidly be me. And let me assure you, nothing about me is perfect, so neither is this site! It definitely won’t always be perfect and it may not always be put together [although my perfectionist heart will try its very hardest!], but it will always be candid, genuine, and honest.
So a little about me:
- I’m a girl, going through life just like you.
- I have a Pinterest account full of hopeful future travels, all the puppies, gardens full of flowers, workouts that maybe I’ll actually attempt one day, THE BEST clean eating recipes and a dream closet to die for.
- I prefer to spend my rainy Sunday afternoons under a quilt with a good personal development book or a movie I’ve watched 24 times already (Parent Trap ftw).
- I am ADDICTED (read: obsessed) to this amazing workout class I go to called ((305)) Fitness.
- Eating clean has turned into a passion of mine that I never imagined would exist. (Who knew there was a place in my heart for brussels sprouts?!)
- I’ve completed five full rounds of the Whole30 program over the past two years and most recently completely a Whole100 (probably my first and last! LOL.).
- I have a lipstick collection big enough make-over all of Washington, DC, but in all honestly, I keep my beauty routine fairly simple.
- I haven’t ever studied interior design, but my heart loves a good trip to Target for a weekend decor overhaul.
- In direct opposition to my deep love for Target, I’m attempting to become more of a minimalist – turns out, I have a lot of learning to do!
- I love Jesus, but boy do I fail Him often! I’m forever thankful that He is faithful and picks me back up with unwavering kindness each and every time.
- I work full time, but also have a business that I am growing as well. (So why not throw a blog into the mix too, right?!)
- I was born and raised in Arkansas (Woo Pig Sooie!!!), but I’ve now lived in Washington, DC for almost four years and it’s been one of the BEST decisions and biggest adventures ever! I’m proud to call myself a Washingtonian!
Basically, what you’ll find on this site are little pieces of my heart, my personality, my hobbies, and my opinions (better hold on to your horses for those!). My hope though, isn’t for you to fall in love with my life, but to find this to be a place where you’re inspired to live YOURS to the absolute fullest! Welcome to KatieMagDOTCom and y’all…let’s get this party started!
“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
― Lewis Carroll,